Let’s get one thing straight: kids hate being yelled at. So it’s no wonder that your kids don’t listen to you when you yell at them to do things like clean their rooms.
If you want them to listen to you, cater your demands to what they want to do.
Take a look at these 6 steps from Modern Mom to get a better idea of how to do that…
1. Turn cleaning into a game.
2. Sing your commands instead of straight up telling your kids to clean.
3. Practice counting toys with your kids.
4. Suggest a little competition by timing the cleanup.
5. Establish organization to make cleanup easier.
6. Remind your kids of a clean room by taping a picture of the cleanliness outside the door.
Recognizing these steps is one thing, but actually carrying out the steps is another. Give this a try and see if it works for you!
How to Get Kids to Clean Their Own Room [Modern Mom]