10 Best Lego sets for boysAugust 12, 2021
Lego sets have been a timeless toy for decades, but with so many different sets on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are the best. Here we have compiled a list of 10 great Lego sets that any boy would love! These are in no particular order and you’re sure to find something your little one will enjoy!
1. Heavy Cargo Transport in LEGO City
What we appreciate about it:
This Lego kit stimulates your child’s creativity as he builds a vehicle and a helicopter. As he plays with the toys, he will develop fine motor skills.
The Heavy Cargo Transport kit has 310 pieces that will let your kid build a massive truck, a flatbed trailer, and a toy helicopter with spinning rotors and an opening cockpit. Your child may use his inventive thinking to play with the toys by connecting the trailer to the massive truck or snaring the helicopter’s chain to the oil barrels that can be transported to the workplace. The set includes a truck driver figure, a helicopter pilot figure, a tool compartment, bull bars, and a chain. This set is appropriate for young males and young women between the ages of 5 and 12.
- It’s well-made and robust.
- The helicopter toy is the ideal size for children.
- The directions are simple to follow and well-illustrated.
- The pieces are brightly colored.
- The helicopter’s rotor and frame are readily detached.
2. Police Station in LEGO City
Why we like it: Lego sets of such kind include a range of vehicles and scaled-down characters, providing plenty of opportunities for youngsters to practice their fine motor skills.
The Lego City Police Station set includes a 3-level police headquarters, a squad vehicle, a jail cell, a helicopter, and a toy motorbike. This is a fantastic set since it includes four cops in tiny size who use a police vehicle and a police dog to apprehend three hoodlums in smaller-than-usual figures. It contains 894 pieces to let youngsters get out of prison and escape. The hoodlums’ vehicle is equipped with a cherry picker to transport the troublemakers. It comes with a few extras, such as a watchtower, garage, and workspaces. This kit inspires children’s imaginations to create a perfect portrayal of an escape. This set is ideal for young boys and young girls between the ages of 6 and 12.
- It contains a lot of intricacies and allows youngsters to play for a long period.
- Takes a long time to put together and, therefore, a lot of pleasure and delight.
- It improves and develops the fine motor abilities of youngsters.
- The directions and pictures are easy to comprehend and apply.
- It contains a lot of stages and intricacies that make it tough to put together.
- It is very pricey.
3. The LEGO City Police Department’s Mobile Command Center Truck
Why we like it:
This set includes a detachable truck cab that provides youngsters with hours of entertainment while also improving fine motor skills as the police chase the miscreants.
A jail cell, a satellite dish, and a motorcycle are the Lego City Police Mobile Command Center. It includes female and male policeman mini figurines and a police dog figure, who may be entrusted to chase troublemakers on an ATV. Your child may practice fine motor skills by riding the police motorcycle and driving a separate truck cab. The monitoring room has an opening roof, a back hump, side entryways, and additional space for storing the motorcycle and equipment. This 374-piece set is appropriate for young boys and girls aged 6 to 12.
- This kit is simple to put together.
- It enables children to make up their own tales.
- Equipped with a mobile command center.
- It comes with several extras, such as a motorcycle.
- Allows children to be creative and think as they construct tales.
- Difficult to put together.
- Easily misplaced.
4. LEGO Creator 3in1 Mythical Creatures Building Kit 31073
Why we like it:
This kit allows children to create three creatures, which means they may have a long break while using their creative and critical thinking skills.
The Lego Creator 3 contains 223 pieces, allowing youngsters to build a fire-breathing monster with terrifying eyes, huge fangs, and pointed claws. By reassembling the parts into a spider or troll toy, children may have a lot of fun and test their creative skills. This toy includes moving legs, tail, head, and wings, encouraging youngsters to develop their imaginations when playing with enormous creatures. The set is suitable for young boys and young girls aged 7 to 12.
- It is easy to put together.
- It comes with simple directions and illustrations.
- Three-in-one set.
- It has moving components.
- Some components are tough to put together.
5. LEGO City Monster Truck 60180 Construction Kit
Why we like it:
This kit allows youngsters to build a monster vehicle with monster wheels. This helps children to gain confidence as they finish building the vehicle that overcomes difficulties. Other than that, kids building together can help keeping connected and boosts creative skills.
The Lego set like the City Monster Truck is designed for children aged 6 to 12. It comes with two fire barrels with fire components, a buildable ramp, and a stunt driver smaller figure. This kit has 192 parts that may be used to create a stunt show for your child. While the students are constructing the beast truck, they will be honing their structure-building skills. The truck also includes an air scoop and a functioning suspension to give it the appearance of a genuine one. Your child will enjoy seeing his vehicle go over the barrels with fire blazes or past the obstacles.
- The truck’s massive tires are extremely appealing to children.
- It improves fine motor skills.
- The vehicle is potent.
- When pushed, the huge compressible tires allow the vehicle to go very far.
- It encourages innovative and creative thinking.
- Putting a mini-figure inside takes a lot of work.
- It is difficult for children to construct the truck fully.
6.LEGO Marvel Spider-Man Bike Rescue
Why we like it:
This is a fantastic set of construction pieces with web components to offer extra fun as your kid develops spatial awareness. It’s also appealing and easy to build.
Wonder Spider-Man Bike Rescue comes with 235 pieces, which should be plenty for your child to play with. He may construct the Spider-Man bicycle, a spider shooter with firing capability, adding a new layer to the game. It also includes a non-firing web firearm and a buildable generator with a detonate function. This collection includes significantly smaller-than-usual figurines of Spider-Man and Miles Morales, as well as a butchery figure. This kit is designed for youngsters to create their own role-play battles featuring their favorite superheroes.
- It comes with a slew of extras.
- The superheroes are simple to put together.
- The motorcycle is well designed.
- It keeps youngsters occupied for extended periods of time.
- Not suitable for long-term usage
7. Jurassic World Raptor Rescue Truck from LEGO Juniors
Why we like it:
This kit is fantastic for youngsters to improve their construction abilities while increasing their confidence with each finished job.
This 85-piece set is suitable for children between the ages of 4 and 7. Children may learn how to make a posing Raptor dinosaur figurine with an open mouth that can be put in confinement with a closing entrance. Starter Brick chassis is accompanied by a rough terrain vehicle. Kids will enjoy interacting with figurines of Own, a tracker, and a Raptor as they recall the places of Jurassic World. This set is simple to make since it is designed to instill trust in children. A guide enables the youngsters to follow the fundamental instructions.
- The directions and pictures are straightforward.
- The mini-figures are attractive.
- Its color scheme is grey and blue.
- It is constructed of high-quality materials.
- It is made up of tiny parts that may be misplaced.
8. Deep-Sea Creatures 3 in 1 LEGO Creator
Why we like it:
This kit allows youngsters to build three different creatures and play with their brains and imaginations.
The Lego sets like the Creator 3in1 is appropriate for children aged 7 and above. Children may make a shark, a crab, and a treasure chest. If they want to be creative, they may reassemble the parts to create a squid or even an Angler Fish. The frightening shark toy features an open mouth, sharp fangs, and drawn fins. To add to the excitement, the shark’s joints move, and it has reflecting eyes. This set comes with 230 pieces, allowing for hours of fun and pleasure. Because this set is dark blue and white, children will have many realistic aquatic themes to choose from.
- After downloading internet instructions to construct a whale, this becomes a 4-in-1 set.
- The aquatic animals are amazing.
- It is not too costly.
- Contains a good variety of components.
- It employs a range of construction methods.
- It does not include a Lego separator.
9.LEGO Classic Medium Creative Brick Box
Why we like it:
This medium-sized construction kit encourages youngsters to be creative while also teaching them fine motor skills as they play with the vehicle.
The Lego sets such as the Classic Medium Creative Brick Box has 35 different colored pieces. This adds another layer to their inventiveness by providing open-ended options for constructing and assembling games. Children may use the 18 tires and wheel rims placed on the base plate to construct trains and vehicles. They may also use their imagination to put together a tiger figure to utilize in their play. This kit includes windows, toy eyes, and a container for storing the completed pieces. It comes with easy-to-follow instructions for giving your kid fantastic construction ideas. This 484-piece arrangement is suitable for children aged 4 and above.
- The kit includes a storage container.
- It provides many construction possibilities.
- It includes a brick separator.
- The directions and pictures are simple enough for children to comprehend.
- It has fewer fundamental building blocks.
10.LEGO Duplo Large Construction Site
We enjoy it: It allows children to use their creative minds to build construction vehicles, encouraging them to use the equipment on building sites.
With its 67 pieces, Lego sets such as the Duplo Big Construction Site rebuilds a construction site. This kit has parts essential to building construction vehicles. Your child will enjoy hours of fun playing with the extra parts that come with the set. They can create a toy bulldozer, a toy crane with a rotating cabin, and a dump truck with a tipping bucket, among other things. It also includes three construction worker figurines to encourage children’s imaginative play. The kit includes various accessories, such as a safety protective helmet, a pushcart, and a wheelbarrow. Kids may also utilize the Lego sets regarding the Duplo tales expertise, which employs narrating and is available in the Echo. This set is ideal for children between the ages of two and five.
- It has a large number of parts for creative construction and assembly.
- Pushing carts aids in the development of fine motor skills.
- Allows for a lot of playtimes
- Keeping children entertained for an extended period of time
- It is very pricey.